Did you know that you hold one of the most powerful spices in your kitchen cabinet? Cinnamon is a miracle spice that can aid in the healing of Type 2 Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, Weight loss, Arthritis, Inflammation, and even restoring of brain function in those with Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease.
How To Create This Miracle Drink:
- Boil 16 ounces of water (make sure it’s bubbling first before you add the cinnamon)
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the water and stir for a minute or so.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon into the water and stir
- You can add stevia if you desire, but cinnamon has it’s own sweetness to it.
- Drink this about 20 minutes before your largest meal or after a big meal and it will help balance your blood sugar, which in turn helps stabilize your weight as well.
More Benefits To Cinnamon:
- Cinnamon activates the antioxidant defense system, suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokine production.
- Cinnamon has a positive reaction on Type 2 diabetics/ gestational diabetes by improving insulin secretion and sensitivity. (If have type 2 diabetes or are “pre-diabetic” you are insulin resistant.) The beta cells of your pancreas are no longer working. Blood sugar and Hemoglobin A1C are high. Cinnamon helps to bring sensitivity back to your beta cells! (How awesome is that?!)
- Cinnamon has also has been shown to increase learning ability & the neuronal activity in the hippocampus of the brain. (This is the area in which Alzheimer’s or Dementia suffers. Short term memory). This is because when you have constantly high blood sugar it starts to degenerate your brain and you then develop what is called diabetes 3 or diabetes of the brain. (Check my blog post for more info on diabetes of the brain)
- Cinnamon also demonstrated prominent action in inflammation and Arthritis, and is considered an anti-rheumatic agent.
I think it’s amazing that nature provides us with so many answers to so many dysfunctions in our body. All medications originated from some herb, some bark, or something in nature.
If you have diabetes or any of these other issues, try it. It’s a no brainer !
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23833722[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]